Positions at the School of Social Work
The School of Social Work is pleased to announce one or more openings for a tenure-track, Assistant Professor position beginning in August 2019. The School welcomes applications from candidates with a strong commitment to innovative community-engaged research and teaching. More information about the position (PDF).
To apply, go to the Office of Human Resources jobs page. Follow the instructions for “External Faculty and Staff Applicants" and enter 325185 in the “Keywords” search box.
For inquires about the online application system, please email Emily Batts at email@example.com.
You will need to submit the following materials as part of your application:
The search committee will begin its review of applications on September 4, 2018, with the position open until filled. Please contact Dr. Joseph Merighi (firstname.lastname@example.org), Search Committee chair, with any questions regarding this position or the University of Minnesota.
An instructor works with students in an M.S.W. class.
Community Faculty Openings
The School of Social Work is looking for community faculty members to teach the Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 semester courses listed below. Applicants must be available to teach the days and times listed for the class. Courses meet weekly, unless noted.
For more information about position requirements and how to apply, select "External Faculty and Staff Applicants" on the University of Minnesota employment Web site and enter 322299 in the "Keywords" search box.
Fall Semester 2018
(Sept. 4–Dec. 12)
No classes Thanksgiving Break, Nov. 22, 23, 24.
- SW 5051–Human Behavior and the Social Environment, meets Thursdays, 1:55-3:50 p.m.
- SW 8251–Advanced Social Work Practice in Health, Disability and Aging, meets Wednesdays, 5:10-7:30 p.m.
- SW 8452–Core Clinical Concepts in Social Work Practice, meets Saturdays, 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- SW 8841–Social Work Research Methods, meets Thursdays, 9:35-11:30 a.m.
- SW 8842–Advanced Social Work Evaluation, meets Thursdays, 9/6, 13 & 20; 10/4 & 11; 11/8 & 29; 12/6, 1:55-4:50 p.m. This class also requires a spring semester appointment.
- SW 8843–Social Work Program Evaluation, meets Thursdays, 9/6, 13 & 20; 10/4 & 11; 11/8 & 29; 12/6, 1:55-4:50 p.m.
Social Work Undergraduate Courses
- SW 1001–Introduction to the World of Social Work: A Global Perspective, meets Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:15-9:30 a.m.
Youth Studies Courses
- YOST 1366–Stories of Resistance and Change: Youth, Race, Power & Privilege in the U.S., meets Mondays and Wednesdays, 1:30-2:45 p.m.
Spring Semester 2019
(Jan. 22–May 6)
No classes Spring Break, March 18-23.
- SW 5905–Permanency in Child Welfare, meets Saturdays, 1/26; 2/9 & 16; 3/2 , 9 & 30; 4/13 & 20,
- SW 8821–Social Work & Difference, Diversity & Privilege, meets Thursdays, 1/24; 2/7, 14 & 28; 3/7 & 28; 4/11 & 18, 12:50–4:55 p.m.
- SW 8821–Social Work & Difference, Diversity & Privilege, meets Saturdays, 1/26; 2/9, & 16; 3/2, 9 & 30; 4/13 & 20, 12:50–4:55 p.m.
- SW 8842–Advanced Social Work Evaluation, meets Thursdays, 1/31; 2/21; 3/14; 4/4 & 25; 5/2, 1:55–4:55 p.m.
- SW 8843–Social Work Program Evaluation, meets Thursdays, 1/31; 2/7, 14 & 28; 3/7 & 28; 4/4 & 25; 5/2,