For Students, Faculty, and Staff: MyU One Stop
School of Social Work

Positions at the School of Social Work

Assistant Professor

The School of Social Work is pleased to announce one or more openings for a tenure-track, Assistant Professor position beginning in August 2019. The School welcomes applications from candidates with a strong commitment to innovative community-engaged research and teaching. More information about the position (PDF).

To apply, go to the Office of Human Resources jobs page. Follow the instructions for “External Faculty and Staff Applicants" and enter 325185 in the “Keywords” search box.

For inquires about the online application system, please email Emily Batts at

You will need to submit the following materials as part of your application:

  • An application letter that describes your research, scholarship, and teaching experience
  • Current curriculum vitae
  • Names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of three persons who will provide letters of recommendation. The Search Committee will request letters as needed.
  • An example of scholarly writing
  • The search committee will begin its review of applications on September 4, 2018, with the position open until filled. Please contact Dr. Joseph Merighi (, Search Committee chair, with any questions regarding this position or the University of Minnesota.

    instructor works with M.S.W. students

    An instructor works with students in an M.S.W. class.

    Minn-LInK Researcher 5

    The Minn-LInK project—housed at the Center for Advanced Studies in Child Welfare—uses state administrative data from multiple agencies to answer questions about the effects of policies, programs, and practice on the well-being of children in Minnesota. Minn-LInK researchers produce reports that have implications for practice, policy, or both, and build upon the work of other state agencies and university research. Minn-LInK researchers also produce training relevant to public child welfare employees based upon knowledge developed within the project. State agencies that provide data work in partnership with CASCW to discuss and address child welfare and child well-being policy questions. For more information about position requirements and how to apply, See more information about position requirements and how to apply at the University of Minnesota employment Web site; enter 327467 in the "Keywords" search box.