In order to assist professionals and students who are interested in legislative activity surrounding Title IV-E child welfare issues, we track bills at the Minnesota state level that contain language pertinent to child welfare issues. Major federal legislation is also highlighted, although not as extensively.
Bills are organized into these categories:
- Bills with final actions: MN | US
- General child welfare: MN | US
- Foster care, adoption, and kinship care: MN | US
- Child protection: MN | US
And additionally into these specific subject areas:
- Early Childhood: MN | US
- Education: MN | US
- Disability: MN | US
- Juvenile justice: MN | US
- Health and mental health: MN | US
- Income support: MN | US
If there are bills at the Minnesota state or federal level which are not included in our lists, but which do contain language affecting child welfare, you can let us know by contacting Heidi Ombisa by email or at 612-624-3159.
Archived Bill Tracking
Minnesota's 87th session (PDF) (1/4/2011–5/10/2012)