Giving to the School of Social Work
For nearly 100 years, the School of Social Work has contributed to the development of progressive social services and is consistently ranked as one of the best schools in the country. Your generous support of the School of Social Work is more critical than ever, helping us recruit, enroll and retain the very best scholars and students. Support for graduate fellowships enables the school to compete nationally and internationally for top graduate students, enhancing our research and outreach. Gifts for undergraduate scholarships help attract and retain promising students while easing the burden of rising tuition.
- To prepare critically thinking, research-savvy professionals for advanced social work practice, leadership, and research.
- To produce research that enriches professional practice.
- To partner with communities by engaging in research, learning, and service.
In support of our goals, the school offers graduate and undergraduate programs that are driven by the school’s core values of social justice and empowerment of historically marginalized communities.
Causes You Can Support
Jan Goodno Fund for Student Financial and Professional Support (21592)
Jan Goodno worked for the School of Social Work for 48 years. A majority of those years, she was a student adviser. This fund reflects her interest in her students and her insight into the complexity of their lives.
Jean K. Quam Fellowship (6340)
This fund supports full-time graduate students enrolled in the School of Social Work who are in good academic standing and who have exceptional potential in their field.
The Carl and Ruth Warmington Fund (2783)
This fund supports undergraduate students studying in the School of Social Work.
Rose E. Snyder Memorial Fund (3045)
This fund supports undergraduate students in the School of Social Work in honor of Rose E. Snyder.
Field-Initiated Research Fund (20611)
This fund supports research and evaluations initiated by social service agencies in partnership with researchers in the School of Social Work.
Special Projects in Social Work (2097)
This fund supports special projects and strategic initiatives within the School of Social Work.
Centennial Fund for Student Support (21048)
This fund is part of the School of Social Work's 100th anniversary celebration and will fund student scholarships.
Giving is easy!
- Use your credit card to make a gift online. Our secure website encrypts all your personal information so that it cannot be read over the Internet.
- Send a check or money order made payable to the University of Minnesota along with a letter designating the recipient of the gift to University of Minnesota Foundation McNamara Alumni Center University of Minnesota Gateway 200 Oak Street S.E. Minneapolis, MN 55455-2010
- Call our secure credit card hotline at 612-626-8560. Leave your full name and phone number, type of credit card, card number, expiration date, amount of your gift, and designated recipient, if any.
- Payroll deduction is a convenient way for University faculty and staff to make a gift. Complete a payroll deduction form to make arrangements.
- Employer matching increases the impact of your gift. Each year more than 400 companies have matched gifts made by their employees to the University of Minnesota. Some companies may also match gifts from spouses and retirees. Search our online database or call your personnel office to see if your company has a matching-gifts program.