College of Education and Human Development wordmark.

Transferring credits

Find out what classes to take at your current school to be on track for admission and graduation.

Note: The Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) will meet the University's liberal education requirements, but not the writing intensive requirements. You are not required to complete the MN Transfer Curriculum in order to apply to the University of Minnesota. Consult with a counselor at your current institution with questions regarding the MnTC.

  • Community college transfer guides
  • Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) courses:
  • Refer to the Office of Admissions.
  • Review Transferology (formerly to see how courses from other institutions will transfer to the U of M and satisfy liberal education requirements.
  • Office of Admissions transfer guide - use the Liberal Education Course Transfer Guides available on this page to help you choose courses that will satisfy U of M general requirements.
  • Transferring major-specific courses
  • If you have taken courses which you intend to transfer in as major courses, those will need to be evaluated after admission. Transfer course evaluation form [Word]

Get your questions answered in person

  • Sign up for an information session where you'll learn more about our majors, understand the application process, and have your questions answered.
  • Visit us during drop-in hours.


Sheri Beck, Prospective Transfer Student Adviser & Transfer Admissions Coordinator
CEHD Student Services
360 Education Sciences Building