Webinar 2. Progress Monitoring in Reading
- Measures of progress monitoring in reading appropriate for use with students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Materials for monitoring progress in reading.
- Administration procedures for CBM screening in the areas of reading.
- Scoring CBM Maze measures with 99% accuracy and reliability.
Why use progress monitoring data?
Monitoring students’ progress in reading can help the educational team make decisions related to:
- Determining effectiveness of instructional strategies used in teaching reading
- Determining access to the reading materials and curricula
- Establishing and modifying IEP goals, objectives and benchmarks
- Identifying effectiveness of service delivery models including placement, time allocated to specialized instruction and adequacy of services provided by the teacher of the deaf or hard of hearing.
- Parent/Team communications
Video: Kari Pofahl on why she monitors student progress.