Webinar 3. Monitoring Progress in Written Expression: Implementation and Administration
- Administration procedures for CBM screening and progress monitoring in the area of writing.
- Scoring CBM Written Expression measures with 99% accuracy and reliability.
- Graphing student data and establishing writing goals.
Progress monitoring materials for writing
Like progress monitoring in reading, teachers have the option of choosing from commercial CBM writing tools or creating their own materials. Technical reports and samples of early progress monitoring measures are available at:
- Sentence Copying
- Story starters
- Story Starters
Intervention Central (http://www.interventioncentral.com)
- Writing probe generator for creating story starters
Research in Progress Monitoring Institute (http://www.progressmonitoring.net )
- This website provides the standard procedures for scoring writing samples. The writing prompts selected should be simple in grammatical structure, culturally non-biased and target appropriate background knowledge of the students.