Webinar 3. Monitoring Progress in Written Expression: Implementation and Administration
- Administration procedures for CBM screening and progress monitoring in the area of writing.
- Scoring CBM Written Expression measures with 99% accuracy and reliability.
- Graphing student data and establishing writing goals.
Why monitor students' writing?
Progress monitoring can help the educational team make decisions related to:
- Evaluating the effectiveness of instructional strategies in writing English
- Evaluating the appropriateness of writing tasks in alignment with the curriculum
- Establishing and modifying the IEP goals, objectives and benchmarks
- Evaluating the effectiveness of placement, instructional time, need for specialized instructional programs, and
- Parent and educational team communications.