Certificate in Multimedia Design and Development
The certificate in Multimedia Design and Development is designed for business professionals, higher education instructors, and corporate trainers who want to produce and design software to enhance learning.
All courses are offered in completely online and blended formats.
Through this certificate you will:
- Examine and practice the processes of designing and developing interactive learning materials through the use of contemporary development tools
- Explore an assortment of professional creativity suites to create meaningful, easy to use, and aesthetically pleasing computer-based instructional materials
- Become knowledgeable and comfortable in the multiple approaches to instructional design
- Participate in a learning community that stimulates and advances the ways you think about the design process
Complete 12 credits (each course is 3 credits) from the following options:
- Foundations of Interactive Design for Web-based Learning
- Introduction to Multimedia Development
- Planning for Multimedia Design and Development
- Interactive Multimedia Instruction
- Contemporary Software Development Issues and Tools
View the courses in the graduate course catalog
Master of Education
You can pursue the certificate alone or pursue the certificate and M.Ed. Professional Studies in Learning Technologies at the same time.
If interested, apply to both programs.
You will need to apply to both the certificate program and the master’s program. Once admitted, strategize with your advisor to plan your coursework in order to meet the requirements for both programs simultaneously.
Currently enrolled students: If you are enrolled in another program at the University, you need to apply to earn this certificate. Note: Transfer credits may not be applied to this certificate program.
Application priority deadlines:
- December 15 - Spring start
- April 30 - Summer start
- July 31- Fall start
For detailed admission information and tuition information on the certificate program, visit our certificate admissions page.
You can also contact the faculty advisor for the program, Matti Koivula