For Students, Faculty, and Staff: MyU One Stop

Degree Types

M.Ed. and Initial Teaching License programs

Become a Teacher

The Master of Education and Initial Teaching License degrees earn you a master's degree and will train you to become a teacher in your field of choice in just 12-15 months.

Additional Teaching license programs

Add a teaching license

Add to your areas of expertise with an additional teaching license. Programs are customized to your individual experience.

Find the additional license you need to advance your career:

M.Ed. Professional Studies programs

Advance your career with a master's degree.

Earning a Master of Education degree will make you a more competitive job candidate in the teaching field, often comes with a salary increase, and allows more mobility in your career. Choose from one of our areas of educational expertise:

Ph.D. and M.A. programs

Become an educational leader, faculty researcher, or education specialist.

Become a faculty member, educational specialist, administrator, or researcher with an advanced degree. Delve deep into the area of education you are passionate about to ask questions and find answers through your own research agenda. Areas of focus include:

Professional Studies Graduate Certificates

Develop professionally or explore a new career.

Expand your knowledge and gain expertise in an area of education that can advance your career and help you develop professionally. We offer the following certificate programs for professionals in the educational field, those interested in adding a new skill set or exploring a new career path:

  • K-12 Technology Integration Certificate
  • Multimedia Development Certificate
  • Online Learning Certificate
  • Critical Writing Certificate
  • Advanced Practices Certificate in Second Language Teaching
  • Dual Language Immersion Certificate
  • B.S. in Elementary Education Foundations

    For aspiring elementary teachers

    Explore a career as an elementary teacher or a related career in educational testing or publishing.

    Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education Foundations

    Undergraduate minors

    Graduate minor

    Students seeking a degree outside the Department of Curriculum and Instruction can add a graduate minor in Curriculum and Instruction to further their career goals.

    Graduate minor

    ©2020 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved. The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
    Privacy Policy | Last Modified on 2/5/2020