Giving to the Department of Curriculum and Instruction
Supporting Students and Teachers
The Department of Curriculum and Instruction equips future teachers with the tools and knowledge they need. Our research helps students and teachers learn. We are committed to culturally responsive and inclusive learning and advancing the field of education.
Your tax-deductible donation supports students in Minnesota and around the world.
Choose a fund
- Curriculum and Instruction Strategic Initiatives
- Distinguished Reading and Language Arts
- JoAnne Buggey Endowed Fellowship in Elementary Education
- Michael and Elsie Crowe Endowment Fund
- Emma Birkmaier Memorial Endowment Fund
- Jerry P. Becker, Ph.D. Doctoral Fellowship in Mathematics Education
- Early Literacy Initiative Fund
- Fund for Learning Technologies
- STEM Education Center Fund
- Ziegfeld Scholarship Fund for Art Education
- K-12 Reading Improvement Fund
- This fund supports strategic initiatives in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction in the College of Education and Human Development.
- Supports the literacy and reading program through fellowships, lectureships, and other program support to enhance the study of reading, English education, or language arts.
- This fund supports a graduate student in elementary education, who has completed their undergraduate course of study at the University of Minnesota.
- This fund promotes teacher training at the discretion of the dean of the College of Education and Human Development.
- This CEHD fund supports students in the second languages and cultures program. It may also provide funds for a visiting lecturer, publications of student papers, and other program support.
- This fund supports students working towards their doctoral degree with a focus on mathematics education or mathematics in STEM education.
- This fund supports the literacy mentoring program CEHD America Reads which trains college students to provide one-on-one literacy support for K-8 students in community spaces
- This fund supports strategic initiatives in Learning Technologies within the College of Education and Human Development.
- This fund supports the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) Education Center's educational/program activities.
- This fund supports undergraduate students in the Art Education program in the College of Education and Human Development.
- To support reading improvements in K-12 schools through the Minnesota Center for Reading Research at the U of M. Support could be needed in the form of materials and supplies, providing professional development in schools, hiring grad students for support of the initiative, etc.
How to donate
Phone: Call our secure line at 612-626-8560. Leave the following: your full name and phone number, type of credit card, card number, expiration date, amount of your gift, and designated recipient, if any.
Mail: Send a check or money order made payable to the University of Minnesota.
- Mail to: University of Minnesota Foundation, McNamara Alumni Center, University of Minnesota Gateway, 200 Oak Street S.E., Minneapolis, MN 55455-2010
- Please put "C&I Strategic Initiatives Fund" in the memo or notes line
- Include a letter designating the Department of Curriculum and Instruction as the recipient of the gift
Employer Matching: Each year more than 400 companies have matched gifts made by their employees to the University of Minnesota. Some companies may also match gifts from spouses and retirees. Search our online database or call your personnel office to see if your company has a matching-gifts program.