Educational Psychology

Skip to main content

Student travel funding

Presenting at a conference? Get funding for your travel expenses.

The Department of Educational Psychology awards eligible students funding for student travel during the academic year.

Award amounts

S​tate or regional conferences (up to $300): any conference that is state or regional in its draw and focus (e.g., the Midwest Psychological Association, Minnesota Psychological Association) rather than national or international.

National or international conference (up to $500): may be hosted in the Twin Cities but representative of a national or international organization rather than regional or state branches of that group.

Psych foundations and QME students: The psych foundations and QME programs offer additional funding above and beyond the department award amounts. See the "How to get reimbursed" section below for more information.


To qualify for these funds students must:

  • Be an active Educational Psychology MA, SC or PhD students.
  • Travel to and present at a regional, national or international conference.
  • Receive approval from their faculty adviser.

How to get reimbursed

To receive reimbursement, you must submit:

  • A travel request form (Educational Psychology Department [PDF] | CSPP [PDF] | psych foundations and QME [See Sharon Sawyer (]
  • Proof of attendance (example: conference badge)
  • A copy of the conference program showing your presentation
  • Original receipts for expenses for which you are requesting reimbursement (Do not include meal receipts.)
  • Travel Request Form signed (by advisor and Rachel Brovold) and attached to your ChromeRiver reimbursement. Be sure to include detailed information about your travel (who, what, when, where, and why).

You must submit your reimbursement request within 30 days of the conference. No exceptions to this policy will be approved. If a reimbursement request doesn't meet the requirements for documentation, or is received late, the request will be denied.

The last date to submit for reimbursement is May 31.

Submit the Educational Psychology reimbursement form to: Rachel Brovold (, 250 Education Sciences Building)

Submit the psych foundations and QME reimbursement forms to: Sharon Sawyer (, 250 Education Sciences Building)

Additional college and University support

Poster printing

The Department of Educational Psychology does not reimburse for poster printing. However, the College of Education and Human Development (CEHD) Dean’s Office in Burton Hall can print wide format posters. This is a free service if the poster is related to the college (examples: conferences, displays, research).

College and University funding