Sports coaching minor/certificate program
About the program
The sports coaching minor/certificate program is ideal for students who wish to coach (or are currently coaching) youth, club, high school, or college sports. This program provides a general theoretical basis for the many areas of knowledge needed for coaching. This course is appropriate for:
- Students declaring a kinesiology major and/or coaching minor
- Students enrolling in the sport management program
- Students in teaching licensure programs planning to coach youth or interscholastic sports
- Licensed high school teachers returning for graduate studies or preparing for coaching positions
- Students seeking to develop a foundation for future coaching opportunities
- Students seeking to obtain and/or deepen knowledge about sports coaching
Related major programs
The sports coaching minor is a campus-wide program, open to all undergraduate students, regardless of college or major. Students in the following majors may find this minor particularly relevant:
- Education/teacher licensure programs
- Sport Management
- Youth Studies
Minor requirements/course catalog
For the sports coaching minor and certificate programs, see the University catalog for course offerings and requirements.
Undergraduate Senior Academic Advisor
Become a sports coaching minor/get a sports coaching certificate
To apply, submit the application form.
Apply for either the sports coaching certificate or the sports coaching minor/certificate.
The minimum GPA is 2.4.
- Fall semester: August 1
- Spring semester: December 15
- Summer semester: April 15