Human Resource Development certificate
Human Resource Development is a growing field analyzing what organizations need in human capacity and what individuals need in order to feel capable and connected in their work. Our certificate focuses on the practical application of Human Resource Development theory and research.
Boost your organization's effectiveness through research-driven practices. Learn how to identify gaps in skills, knowledge, and technology for organizational units, and be able to understand and recommend a variety of development approaches and options.
- Earn a credential that distinguishes you from other job candidates.
- Earn a credential while building credits toward a full Master’s program.
- Obtain specialized knowledge and feel confident and self-assured in your work.
- OLPD 5801—Survey: Human Resource Development and Adult Education (3 cr)
- OLPD 5615—Training and Development of Human Resources (3 cr)
- OLPD 5607—Organization Development (3 cr)
- Either OLPD 5296—Field Experience or OLPD 5696—Internship: Human Resource Development (3-6 cr; 4 recommended)
- Total credits earned must be equal to 14. Any remaining credits after satisfying required courses can be selected from either OLPD 5201—Strategies for Teaching Adults (3 cr) or other OLPD courses selected with advisor approval.