School of Social Work
Prepare to Build a Better World
Calls for justice after the death of George Floyd
- University of Minnesota
- College of Education and Human Development
- School of Social Work
- CSWE Statement on Social Justice
- GADE Statement on Social Justice
- NASW - MN Chapter Statement on Social Justice
- University of Minnesota Alumni Association
- University of Minnesota Black Alumni Network
- University of Minnesota Senate Governance
The School of Social Work is closed due to COVID-19. Faculty and staff are working from home. If you need to get in touch, please email them. See "People" navigation tab for list.
- University information regarding closure due to COVID-19
- Support for Addiction Recovery during the COVID-19 Crisis: Resources developed by the School of Social Work
At the School of Social Work, we practice what we teach: leadership, scholarship, social justice, and community engagement.
We celebrated our 100th anniversary in 2017. See where we've been, and join us for our next century.
Explore Our Programs
Our Social Work PhD and Master of Social Work programs promote the knowledge, skills and values of the social work profession. Our Youth Development Leadership M.Ed. program supports an expanded understanding of young people, in the United States and internationally. Our undergraduate programs — youth studies, family violence prevention, and social justice — support and promote ways of valuing, living, and working in the world that further social change and the common good.
Leaders in research
The School of Social Work is an integral part of a world-class research university. Our academic programs are unique in Minnesota, preparing a diverse student body to be research-savvy professionals and scholars, and providing research and engagement with a local-to-global impact. The research productivity of our faculty was ranked 20th out of 76 U.S. social work doctoral programs in a recent study.
Explore our research:
For general questions about our department, contact:
Undergraduate studies and Youth Development Leadership MEd