CEHD accepts transfer applications for both the fall and spring semesters.
Spring semester deadline
Fall semester deadline
1) Refer to the minimum requirements and prerequisite courses for the major you are applying to:
2) Review the application checklist on the Office of Admissions website.
3) Complete a University of Minnesota transfer application on the Office of Admissions website.
4) Pay the $55 application fee within your application platform or request a fee waiver.
5) Submit your CEHD supplemental application (personal statement) within the Office of Admissions application tracker.
The personal statement is a 500-700 word statement (two pages) addressing:
Why you want to pursue this major? (Provide as much detail as possible.)
How will this major help you to advance your life/career goals?
CEHD values diversity of experiences, perspectives, backgrounds, and talents. Enrolling a diverse community of scholars interested in learning with and from each other fosters discussion and discovery inside and outside of the classroom. How might you contribute to, or benefit from, our community of scholars?
See tips for writing your personal statement.
6) Send official college transcripts from every institution you’ve attended to:
UMTC Office of Admissions, 240 Williamson Hall, 231 Pillsbury Drive SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455-0213
7) Check your application tracker to determine which application materials have been received, and whether a decision has been made on your application.