Women Coaches Research Series & Report Card
Did you know that in the 40+ years after the passage of Title IX, female sport participation is at an all-time high but the percentage of women coaching women at the collegiate level has declined from 90+% in 1974 to near an all-time low today of 40%? To help stop this decline, increase the percentage of women in the coaching profession, provide an institutional accountability mechanism, create awareness, and foster a national dialogue on this issue, the Tucker Center, in collaboration with the Alliance of Women Coaches, continues its research series and annual report card.
Athletic Administration Best Practices of Recruitment, Hiring and Retention of Female Collegiate Coaches 2018
Head coaches of women’s collegiate teams: A Comprehensive Report on NCAA Division-I Institutions 2017-18
Head coaches of women’s collegiate teams: A report on seven select NCAA Division-I conferences, 2017-18 Infographic
Head coaches of women’s collegiate teams: A comprehensive report on NCAA Division-III institutions, 2017-18
Head coaches of women's collegiate teams: A report on select NCAA Division-I institutions, 2016-17 Infographic
Head Coaches of Women's Collegiate Teams: A Report on Select NCAA Division-III Institutions, 2016-17
Head Coaches of Women's Collegiate Teams: A Report on Select NCAA Division-I FBS Institutions, 2014-15
Head Coaches of Women's Collegiate Teams: A Report on Select NCAA Division-I FBS Institutions, 2013-14
The Women Coaches Report makes an impact in the media ...
- Active Policy Solutions. (2014, February 6). New Report Shows Decline in Women Coaches [enewsletter article].
- Athletic Business. (2013, December 19). Study: College Coaching Gender Gap Persists.
- Bergquist, K. (2014, February 6). Why I am watching the Sochi Olympics [blog post].
- CBSnews.com. (2014, January 10). Female athletic directors on challenges for women in sports.
- Chronicle of Higher Education. (2013, December 19). Coaching Opportunities for Women Continue to Decline.
- Cincinnati.com. (2013, December 19). Cincinnati tops charts of hiring women coaches.
- Franks, R. (2014, February 10). Disparity in women's coaches leads to varied levels of success [blog post]. Collegiatetimes.com
- D1.t. (Division I Ticker for Athletic Directors). (2013, December 19). Minnesota's Tucker Center for Research on GirlWomen in Sport releases study that investigated the hiring of women for HC positions leading female sports.
- The Daily O'Collegian. (2014, January 13). OSU has fewest Big 12 female head coaches.
- Delaware Online. (2013, December 19). Brennan: Many schools fail at hiring women as coaches.
- espnW. (2013, December 20). Study: Number of women coaches declines.
- Examiner.com. (2013, December 20). Northwestern Ranked in the Top 20 Nationally in Hiring Women Head Coaches.
- Hartford Courant. (2013, December 21). Making Room For More Women To Coach College Sports: Geno Auriemma Responds.
- Inside Higher Ed. (2014, March 13.) Equal opportunity bullying.
- Inside Higher Ed. (2013, December 20). Failing the Female Coaches?
- Jezebel. (2013, December 20). Colleges Are Doing A Shitty Job Of Hiring Female Coaches.
- National Council for Accreditation of Coaching Education's (NCACE) QualityCoachingEducation.org. (2013, December 19). Women coaches research series & report card.
- USAToday. (2013, December 19). Report: Colleges doing poorly at hiring women coaches. 119 retweets & 1200 Facebook shares (2014, 13 January).
- United States Olympic Committee (USOC) Coaching Education Newsletter. (2014, January). The Tucker Center is launching a series of collaborative, cutting edge research initiatives and educational programs with the Alliance of Women Coaches....