Women Coaches Research Series & Report Card
Did you know that in the 40+ years after the passage of Title IX, female sport participation is at an all-time high but the percentage of women coaching women at the collegiate level has declined from 90+% in 1974 to near an all-time low today of 40%? To help stop this decline, increase the percentage of women in the coaching profession, provide an institutional accountability mechanism, create awareness, and foster a national dialogue on this issue, the Tucker Center, in collaboration with the Alliance of Women Coaches, continues its research series and annual report card.
2015-16 Head Coaches of Women's Collegiate Teams: A Report on Select NCAA Division-I FBS Institutions. This annual report, specifically documents the percentage of head coaches of women's teams in "big time" collegiate athletics by institution and sport.
2014-15 Head Coaches of Women's Collegiate Teams: A Report on Select NCAA Division-I FBS Institutions.
2013-14 Head Coaches of Women's Collegiate Teams: A Report on Select NCAA Division-I FBS Institutions
2012-13 Decline of Women Coaches in Collegiate Athletics: A Report on Select NCAA Division-I FBS Institutions
The Women Coaches Report makes an impact in the media ...
- Active Policy Solutions. (2014, February 6). New Report Shows Decline in Women Coaches [enewsletter article].
- Athletic Business. (2013, December 19). Study: College Coaching Gender Gap Persists.
- Bergquist, K. (2014, February 6). Why I am watching the Sochi Olympics [blog post].
- CBSnews.com. (2014, January 10). Female athletic directors on challenges for women in sports.
- Chronicle of Higher Education. (2013, December 19). Coaching Opportunities for Women Continue to Decline.
- Cincinnati.com. (2013, December 19). Cincinnati tops charts of hiring women coaches.
- Franks, R. (2014, February 10). Disparity in women's coaches leads to varied levels of success [blog post]. Collegiatetimes.com
- D1.t. (Division I Ticker for Athletic Directors). (2013, December 19). Minnesota's Tucker Center for Research on GirlWomen in Sport releases study that investigated the hiring of women for HC positions leading female sports.
- The Daily O'Collegian. (2014, January 13). OSU has fewest Big 12 female head coaches.
- Delaware Online. (2013, December 19). Brennan: Many schools fail at hiring women as coaches.
- espnW. (2013, December 20). Study: Number of women coaches declines.
- Examiner.com. (2013, December 20). Northwestern Ranked in the Top 20 Nationally in Hiring Women Head Coaches.
- Hartford Courant. (2013, December 21). Making Room For More Women To Coach College Sports: Geno Auriemma Responds.
- Inside Higher Ed. (2014, March 13.) Equal opportunity bullying.
- Inside Higher Ed. (2013, December 20). Failing the Female Coaches?
- Jezebel. (2013, December 20). Colleges Are Doing A Shitty Job Of Hiring Female Coaches.
- National Council for Accreditation of Coaching Education's (NCACE) QualityCoachingEducation.org. (2013, December 19). Women coaches research series & report card.
- USAToday. (2013, December 19). Report: Colleges doing poorly at hiring women coaches. 119 retweets & 1200 Facebook shares (2014, 13 January).
- United States Olympic Committee (USOC) Coaching Education Newsletter. (2014, January). The Tucker Center is launching a series of collaborative, cutting edge research initiatives and educational programs with the Alliance of Women Coaches....