Publications, Posters, & Presentations
- Thul, C. M., LaVoi, N. M., Hazelwood, T., & Hussein, F. (in press). "We have a right to the gym": Physical activity experiences of East African immigrant girls. In M. A. Messner & M. Musto (Eds.), Child's play: Sport in kids' worlds. New Brunswick, NJ: Rutgers University Press.
- Thul, C. M., Hussein, S., & Sharif, H. (2014, July). Working (it) out: Lessons from six years of working together with the G.I.R.L.S. program. Presentation at the "What Went Wrong?": Reflecting and Learning from Community-Engaged Research conference. Minneapolis, MN.
- Thul, C. M., & Hazelwood, T. (2014, May). Moving toward physical activity for all: Research-community collaborations with East African girls. Presentation at the annual meeting of Sport & Society in America. Green Bay, WI.
- Thul, C. M., Weber, J., Sharif, H., Hussein, F., Hussein, S., Mohamed, M., & Borowsky, I. (2014, April). "What can we learn from G.I.R.L.S.?" Implications for sustainable community-based physical activity programs targeting adolescent girls. Poster presented at the University of Minnesota's Annual Pediatric Research, Education and Scholarship Symposium. Minneapolis, MN.
- Thul, C. M. (2012). Exploring intersectionality in physical activity spaces among Somali adolescent girls: implications for programming (doctoral dissertation). University of Minnesota Digital Conservancy. Retrieved from http://hdl.handle.net/11299/168315
- Thul, C. M., & LaVoi, N. M. (2011). Reducing physical inactivity and promoting active living: from the voices of East African immigrant adolescent girls. Qualitative Research in Sport, Exercise and Health, 3(2), 211-237.
- Thul, C. M., & LaVoi, N. M. (2009). Physical inactivity and promoting active living: From the voices of East African girls. Presentation given at the Active Living Research Conference. San Diego, CA.