An informational interview is a 20 – 30 minute meeting with an
experienced professional focused on gathering information about a career
Why conduct an informational interview?
- Explore careers of interest and clarify your career
- Discover opportunities available in a given field,
including careers you did not know existed.
- Learn the realities of the world of work and what to
expect in a given career field.
- Meet people in your career field and begin to build
your professional network.
- Develop confidence for internship and job
- Get the inside scoop on obtaining internships and
jobs in the field.
- Observe the work environment and learn what the
career is like from someone doing the job.