Graduate Study in Our College
Our graduate programs bridge theory and practice, housed in the only research institution in Minnesota. Your passion to learn, discover, and improve lives has a home in CEHD.
- Our world-class faculty brought in $48.8 million in external funding during the 2013-2014 academic year.
- Graduate students regularly publish in leading journals, and present research at conferences around the country and world.
- Evidence-based research degrees that set you apart; our graduates go on to tenure-track teaching positions, academic research appointments, school district leadership, public policy crafting, and more.
- Based in the heart of the Twin Cities, students have access to countless clinical and site-based work locations and groups, no matter their area of study, interest, or research.
Degrees and Programs
- Doctoral Degrees (Ph.D., Ed.D.)
- Our doctoral students dig deep into their field of study, conduct and present their own research, and join discussions in the global research community.
- Masters Degrees (M.A., M.Ed., MSW)
- We offer both research-based programs that prepare students for doctoral study, and professional degrees that emphasize applied coursework and usually involve field-based experience.
- Certificate Programs
- A shorter course of study than a degree, these highly-focused programs are excellent additions to a degree or a way to study and understand a new area of work.
We offer teacher preparation programs at the graduate level. If you have never taught, our initial licensure programs (ILPs) train future students in a cohort setting. We also offer additional licensure for teachers and administrators. Learn more about becoming a teacher, and our teacher education programs.