Middle elementary through high school
- Work cooperatively with others
- Develop relevant questions
- Determine who will fill out the survey
- Plan presentation
- Reinforce math concepts and skills
- Write final report summarizing results
- Students decide the topic of their questionnaire (it should be related to something they are currently studying).
- Students discuss who will fill out the questionnaires.
- Students develop the questions. If possible, divide them into small groups, have each group develop questions, and then share their questions with each other.
- The class selects the 5 (or an appropriate number) best questions for their questionnaire.
- Students discuss how they will explain the questionnaire and its purpose.
- Students distribute the questionnaires and then make estimates predicting the results.
- Students tabulate questionnaires, compute percentages, make bar and point graphs to illustrate the results.
- Students prepare a final report and submit it to the principal and to the classrooms that participated in the survey.