Webinar 3. Monitoring Progress in Written Expression: Implementation and Administration
- Administration procedures for CBM screening and progress monitoring in the area of writing.
- Scoring CBM Written Expression measures with 99% accuracy and reliability.
- Graphing student data and establishing writing goals.
Video: Maren Hadley gives advice to new users.
- Luetke-Stahlman, B. (1999). Language across the curriculum. Hillsboro, OR: Butte Publications.
- White, A.H. (2007). A tool for monitoring the development of written English: T-unit analysis using the SAWL. American Annals of the Deaf, 152, 29-41.
- Hammill, D.D. & Larsen, S.C. (2009) TOWL-4: Test of Written Language, Fourth Edition [Protocols and stimulus materials]. Austin, TX: PRO-ED.
- Chappell, A. (2003). Establishing interscorer reliability, test-retest reliability, and construct validity for the Structural Analysis of Written Language (SAWL), Part 1. Unpublished manuscript, Texas Woman’s University, Denton.
- Cheng, S. & Rose, S. (2009). Investigating the technical adequacy of curriculum-based measurement in written expression for students who are deaf or hard of hearing. Journal of Deaf Studies and Deaf Education, 14, 502-515.
- McMaster, K. & Espin, C. (2007). Technical features of curriculum-based measurement in writing: A literature review. The journal of Special Education, 41, 68-84.
- McMaster, K., Du, X., & Petursdottir, A-L. (2008). Technical features of Beginning Writing Measures. Technical Report # 16, Research Institute on Progress Monitoring, University of Minnesota. http://www.progressmonitoring.org
- Chen, Y. (2002). Assessment of reading and writing samples of deaf and hard of hearing students by curriculum-based measurements. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities.
- Lembke, E., Deno, S.L., & Hall, K. (2003). Identifying an indicator of growth in early writing proficiency for elementary school students. Assessment for Effective Intervention, 28, 23-35.
- Espin, C.A., Wallace, T., Campbell, H., Lembke, E., Long, J.D., & Ticha, R. (2008). Curriculum-based measurement in writing: Predicting the success of high-school students on state standards tests. Exceptional Children, 74, 174-193.
- Fuchs, L.S., Fuchs, D., and Hamlett, C.L. (1989a). Effects of instrumental use of curriculum-based measurement to enhance instructional programs. Remedial and Special Education, 10, 43-52.